Preparation: Close to the perfect.
Let's review the preparation first, Lance. The following 5 items are from last year's trip.
- You should have many heavy shots. Yes, I did!
- You should have heavier sink tip than type4. Yes, I did!
- Fishing trip should be set around 11/10. Yes, we did!
- You need full two days including check the river the day before. Yes, we did!
- You need more casting practice... Yes, I did! But found out that it was not enough...
Line system: Needs to be improved
- I used type6 tip and 2 or 3 shots sized B mainly.
- It worked though, I hooked the earth many times.
- Sounds like type 2 or 4 and heavy shots should be better system.
- And leader length should be shorter a little than it, maybe.
- Don't forget that 8 loop was good for the shot.
- You should take the stringer just in case.
Don't forget the above-mentioned items, and have better fishing next year, Lance.