Saturday, March 13, 2010

My first fly fishing trip of 2010 was

with Tommy. It was his first one in Japan also, because he got started fly fishing in US.

Because of too high water level, we gave up fishing at KANOGAWA mainstream. And went for some tributary rivers.


Around noon we could see the baetis's hatch though, M-river kept silence.
Likely my river selection was wrong...



This is my first shot of the osprey, MISAGO!





It is often seen around the Yellowstone National Park in US, but not so common one in Japan. It was nice to see it there for me.



Moved to Z-river for something.
Tommy got his first trout in Japan!




We got countless fishes there though, all of them were babies...
Moved to O-river for the evening.
I saw several rises there, and got some strikes, but couldn't set a hook well.

Because of strong wind through a day, the casting itself was difficult. But I could enjoy my new #3 rod so much today.
And also enjoyed the fishing with Tommy after so long interval from our last trip. Let's have another trip soon.

4 comments:

Mr.Gold said...

Hey, Lance!

You had good time on your first fishing tip.

I went Kanogawa mainstream around Amagi on Saturaday, too.
But.....I got "stinker"!!

It was windy and the river condition was quite difficult (my excuse)!
I should have moved to tributary rivers like you.
Let me try again.
New season has just started.

african said...

Hi, Mr.Gold!

I was surprised to hear that you were there too on that day.

I felt that the lure fishing might be only effective method under the high water level.

Let's go fishing together with the lure tackle soon.

Tommy said...

初アマゴとの対面シーンをブログに載せていただいて感激です!アイダホとはまた違う風情を楽しめました。夕方の一瞬とはいえ、ライズも拝めて良かったですね。これからも是非々々ジョインさせてください。明日は2hでも抜け出してご近所のお魚に挨拶回りしたいところですが。。。

african said...

Tommyさん、お疲れ様でした。
これから、忍野初釣行に行ってきます(眠い…)。

シーズンは長いので、挨拶回りは焦らなくても大丈夫かと。2hとは言わず、ゆっくり時間が取れる時が良いですよ。

ちなみに、3/27(土)は、Mr.Gold&YZさんと本流アマゴ&サツキ狙いで、狩野川本流をルアーメインで(ライズがあれば即…)、翌日3/28(日)はkawkoiさんと、狩野川フライの予定です。