Friday, August 13, 2010

OSHINO was tough

for me today. Got there before 11AM, lazy Lance...
I thought "terrestrial close the bank" was enough daytime, but it was not so easy today. I could set a hook several times though, couldn't catch any by terrestrial pattern because of shot bite.


My second strategy, FUTASUJI's pattern was not good also. Could catch some, but reaction for it was slower than usual year. Watanabe-san told me later that its hatch peak was two weeks ago... So I couldn't know new fly pattern's effect today.




KAWARAHIWA, Oriental Greenfinch was just taking off after a water bath.





Nice brown ignored my dry fly completely at OSHINO_ENTEI(lowest section). It was my first visit to this hole.




14:13 my late first fish there by FUTASUJI's pattern.
Since it was just reaction bite, I checked its inside of stomach.





YUSURIKA(midge)'s pupa was dominant and some scud. What a poor hatch there is! I didn't want to do midge game today.



15:30
Moved to S-Bend hole. Small white KOKAGE(SAHO?) was seen there. And AKAMADARA mayfly was seen also.



#18 PMD last chance crippled dun worked well there. Got three tiny bows.
This is one of their stomach, nymphs(maybe floating?) of KOKAGE and MADARA were there.



17:50 moved to KINDAICHI hole and got two by same crippled one.
Late evening, I was struggling with KUSHGE_MADARA. There were so many rises in the dark, but I couldn't do anything...
Lance, you should be there again soon, shouldn't you?

No comments: