Saturday, July 07, 2007

BAUMGARTNER CAMPGROUND; Upper South Fork of Boise River

We all, my wife, daughter and I, did our first camping this summer together on the Festival of the Weaver.

We bought fresh stuff at the Meridian Saturday Market on the way to there.






Our destination was BAUMGARTNER Campground, which was located 12miles east of Featherville, along the Upper South Fork of Boise River. I usually fished at Lower South Fork, so it was first time to fish the upper for me also.

It took about 2.5 hours drive from our house.





After lunch there, we, my daughter and I started fly fishing together.

Sometimes groups of tubing bothered us.







Fish were a kind of tiny, but almost all were native ones, so beautiful. Just an attractor did work well like Mr.Beam Tan in t hedaytime.

In the evening, I did see several rises. Then Caddis Emerger was effective as match the hatch.







There was good pool in the river, so we enjoyed swimming there.

After cold swimming, hot springs pool gave us warmness! Yes, this campground was famous its hot springs also.











We had a lot of fun there, and now we are thinking next camping destination!

No comments: